- Harley – doesn’t like canned pumpkin (unless it’s in Molly’s bowl).
- Molly doesn’t like pills with peanut butter or cream cheese.
- Harley, on the other hand, will kill for it.
- Molly will tolerate avocado with a pill – as long as you rub her throat and make sure it goes down smoothly.
- Harley will most certainly eat avocado.
- Molly loves rice and canned pumpkin
- She is NOT a fan of Orzo.
- Harley will eat her Orzo as long as there is not too much canned pumpkin on it.
- EVERYONE EATS CHERRY TOMATOES
Which, I suppose, brings me to my 1st How To: Giving Molly her 3 1/2 pills last night – was torture. Nick and I were hot, agitated, and completely at eat other’s throats by the end of the ordeal. After 25 minutes – 2 of the 3 1/2 had been administered and we were completely exhausted. Molly was too. She has curled herself into a sulky ball in the bathroom – trying to avoid any more drama. And it was only Day ONE. BUT …. It’s almost summer. Summer = tomatoes. The tomato garden is everyone’s favorite hangout (second to the Mulberry Tree, naturally) in the summer. Molly’s favorite delicacy is always the cherry tomato, though if she can get a plump Burpee or ripe Jersey – she’s totally game. So this morning, when I opened the fridge and discovered a nice container of Organic grape Tomatoes I thought “What if I could trick her beagle nose into thinking her pill was really just her favorite treat?”
Would it work? Little Piggy (Molly) jumped at the opportunity – her nose was no match for the thick skin of the Grape Tomato and she gobbled it up in one bite. Tail wagging and all. Pill 1 – done, Pill 2 – done, Pill 3 – DONE. So I figured, I would share my victory and some how to photos for anyone else with a Picky Pooch. And Voila!!!! No hassle, no mess, no frustration, one happy pup and one happy human !!