It’s funny – because truth be told – I am honestly super content with my life. I always remember my father saying to my mom and me , “You’re millionaires, guys. We have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, our health AND most importantly – we’re together.” And he was right. I was a millionaire then …. and even though my dad isn’t with me anymore – I’m a millionaire now. I have faith, a job, an amazing-supportive family, 4 great animals, and a roof over my head.
BUT …. there’s always that little inkling – that little voice whispering – “Oh you could really use that, Susie”. So, once again I’ve compiled a nice list of things I NEED – to make my perfect life – a little bit “comfortable” if you will. 🙂
- Snugglens™ –ETSY (Snugglens Camera Bags) – when I got my camera years ago – Nick ended up buying me a run of the mill Nikon case. While it was a nice surprise – it’s big and bulky and he usually ends up carrying it. Snugglens – offers fashionable camera cases with extra pockets (for phones, etc) and they’re specially made to order. By a woman who took early retirement. To move to the Ozark Mountains. To raise mules. SOLD (UPDATE – Since I began writing this list – the Shop Owner, Judy, has had to for a stem-cell/bone marrow transplant. There are bags still available – but right now I am just wishing her a speedy and easy recovery!! Prayers are with you!!
- A Buff Orpington or 10 – www.backyard chickens.com – As Buff Hooligans (how can you not love that name?) comments on her write-up about Buffys – they’re the Scarlett Johansson’s of the chicken world. Her write up is hysterical and honestly – although I’ve had my mind made up about the breed for some time now – this article TOTALLY just made me want them more.
- Another season of The Borgias – www.sho.com/sho/the-borgias/home– Well this one isn’t going to happen and I’m super bummed that I caught on to it so late. I’ll just miss seeing Francois Arnaud on my TV. Thank God – I can always re-watch (YAY onDemand and Netflix) and will have Norman Reedus and The Walking Dead to occupy my time 🙂
- The Unpaper Towel – http://www.theunpapertowel.com – Nick and I have long been using cloth napkins and it definitely cuts down on the cost of paper napkins. But we couldn’t quite get out of the habit of using paper towels – especially with the dogs. But paper towels cost money. Not to mention it brings with it the difficult task of trying to find companies that are Cruelty Free. (Surprisingly – a lot of unassuming products are still considered “not cruelty free” because of parent companies.) So, why not cut out the middleman, help the environment and still have the convenience of multi sheet paper towels? The Unpaper Towel appears to do just that. There is also an awesome MORE!?! link on their page that offers a bunch of other alternative uses for their product.
- Hunter Rain Boots- http://us.hunterboots.com I am, without a doubt, a fan of all things BOOT. There was a time when I would only wear boots. Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. I have a nice pair of INDULGE-2033’s from the Goth Days, Brown Lace Up’s by Steve Madden – from my BoHo days, brown riding books, black riding boots, LL Bean – Snow Boots, Cheap Groupon boots, Jessica Simpson past the knee boots. … the list goes on! Now – I try to minimize my Spring/Summer boot wearing to my cowboy boots. BUT one type of boot – I haven’t owned in years. A Rain BOOT. Winters are rough here, Spring is rainy here and our property is muddy. Sounds like a personally good reason to invest in a nice, fashionable pair of Hunter Rain Boots. Christmas list item #1 – thank you SANTA. (UPDATE – I GOT THESE, they are perfect!!
What are your opinions on my NEEDS list this week? What are some things you have been dying to get yourself?