Q: Why did you choose the number 7, Susan?
A: Because it seemed like a nice number between 5-10 that wasn’t 6,8,9.
- I’m a devout Catholic. My faith is my number 1 priority. So much so that I had considered entering the convent intermittently between the ages of 14-25.
- I used to hate cooking, but now I love it. I love feeding my boyfriend all sorts of different foods. He’s a great sport about it too, and never complains. He may have even gained a few pounds here and there 🤔
- I’m divorced (WHAT !?! you just said you’re a devout Catholic, Susan!) . My first marriage didn’t work out so well. It bothers me because I am such a devout Catholic, but alas – things happen. We’re still good friends and can share a laugh or two. I think it’s fair to say that we’ve learned a lot about ourselves and our relationships with others. I wouldn’t have traded that experience for the world.
- I don’t teach anymore. I taught for 14 years and really enjoyed working with kids. Unfortunately, I got really sick unexpectedly and was told I’m just not well enough to work anymore. 😦
- My mom is my very best friend. My mom are 38 years apart and are super close. She is my support, my reality check, my comedian, my rock and I couldn’t ask for a better mother.
- I am a first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I gave up doing what I loved more than anything in the world – riding and showing horses: to practice martial arts. I can’t lie – it was very challenging for an 11 year old girl to spar with boys much bigger than me, do one armed knuckle pushups and break boards with a round house kick. But my dad was so proud sending and watching me kick butt every week that I just couldn’t give it up! It turns out I’m pretty tough and even broke some concrete bricks with my hands AT 13 !!!
- I am a Reiki One (Shoden). That basically means that I am a First Degree Student of Reiki. Reiki is the practice of using hands to channel energy into other living beings. EVEN PLANTS! I am firm believer of the healing power of energy and after getting opened and aligned with Reiki energy – I found that I was able to make a huge difference in the quality of life for my pets, friends and family. I can even do it to myself – which helps with a lot for my chronic illnesses. Anytime you’re around and want some healing all you have to do is ask!! I love to practice ❤